I was a gruelling 12 hour days cleaning floors and tearing down wallpaper with one child strapped on my back and the others crawling inside the playpen. Ha! It was all starting to form, but there was still a long way to go. For furnishing the space would be a huge effort both in time and money. Also, I had go to my favorite stores. In order to keep my budget intact, I went with three of my boys to look for bargains in estate sales. The weekly ritual was that we would walk through estate and garage sales on Saturdays and Thursdays, purchasing a mix of antique and brand new furniture. My next task was to spend my weekdays painting and sanding on our front lawn. It was a bit like this... That's when my interest in restoration of furniture started. I kept on restoring furniture even after we had decorated our house. There was an area at the local markets that I could sell my pieces. Eventually, I had too numerous pieces of furniture to fit into the room available. There were open hou...
Comments
Post a Comment